Babies Can't Wait Annual Performance Reports and State Performance Plans
Each year the Babies Can't Wait reports to the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) on the status of the program. This is the State Performance Plan. The Babies Can't Wait Part C Annual Performance Report records stakeholder input and revisions to the State Performance Plan.
As part of the public comment requirement, the State Interagency Coordinating Council welcomes public comment from individuals, programs, agencies, and others, about topics related to young children with developmental delays or disabilities and their families. Public comments are a "reality check" for the members of the Council and let them know how the program is doing from people who are directly affected by it. They allow agency representatives and others the opportunity to respond to recommendations, situations, concerns and issues. The SICC Executive Committee thoroughly reviews and discusses all public comments. All persons making public comment will receive a formal written response from the Council Chair. NOTE: Formal, individual or system complaints should be directed to the State Babies Can't Wait Office, not the SICC.
Guidelines for Public Comment:
The SICC welcomes public comment and can be presented in a variety of ways:
- In person-any guest present at a quarterly meeting may make a 3-5 minute verbal comment that will be electronically recorded to ensure accuracy; or present a written comment that will be read to the audience.
- Written- comments are welcomed at any time and may be:
- Emailed to: DPH-MCHDO@dph.ga.gov
- Faxed to: 404-657-7307, Attention: Part C Coordinator
- Mailed to: Part C Coordinator, 2 Peachtree Street NW, Suite 11th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30303