The mission of chronic disease epidemiology is to systematically collect, analyze, interpret, and disseminate data on chronic diseases among Georgians. Chronic disease epidemiology provides scientific service and expertise in support of Department of Public Health’s efforts to promote health and prevent chronic diseases.
- Maintain a high standard of data collection and data quality.
- Prepare epidemiologic summaries and reports on chronic diseases, risk factors, and indicators of health disparities.
- Provide analytical support to stakeholders to identify population at risk for chronic diseases.
- Assist in planning, monitoring, and evaluating chronic disease and injury prevention programs.
- Contribute to the body of scientific evidence related to the control and prevention of chronic diseases.
Major areas in chronic disease epidemiology are:
Page last updated 02/08/16