Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) are a serious public health threat. Infections with CRE are difficult, and in some cases impossible, to treat and invasive CRE infections have been associated with mortality rates up to 50%. Patients infected or colonized with CRE are often cared for in multiple healthcare settings and lack of communication between facilities can lead to improper infection control and exposure of other individuals.
Department of Public Health Working with the Community to Find Solutions:
Participants in the Atlanta (RCCC) Collaborative convened by the Georgia Department of Public Health in partnership with the Georgia Health Care Association (GHCA), Georgia Hospital Association (GHA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Alliant/GMCF, the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) for Georgia working together to reduce CRE in the Metro Atlanta Area.
Benefits of Participation:
- Professional education from recognized experts in the field of infection control and prevention;
- Quality Improvement (QI) education and technical assistance from collaborative partners to review current practices for enhancement opportunities;
- Data collection and surveillance education and tools;
- Tools and strategies to improve communication with your healthcare partners and community; and
- Access to infection prevention and control tools, resources and successful interventions.
Members of the RCCC report data through the State Electronic Notifiable Disease Surveillance System (SendSS). SendSS can be accessed at the following link: http://sendss.state.ga.us/sendss/login.screen
Instructions for registering for SendSS and entering CRE data are provided here: CRE Collaborative Data Collection: SendSS PowerPoint
Events and Materials
Upcoming Event - Learning Session 3
Registration - Coming Soon
Evaluation - Available After Session
Past Event: Learning Session 2
Learning Session 2 Evaluation
Past Event: Learning Session 1
Past Event: Leadership Meeting
Video Materials from Bill Marcinowski:
*Downstream - http://vimeo.com/84418447
*Shaving Cream - http://vimeo.com/84418446