Individual Licensure Requirements
An individual seeking for licensure as an EMT, Advanced EMT, or Paramedic (In-State or Out-of-State) must meet the following requirements:
- Submit a completed application, fees and required documents. Application packet can be downloaded from the following link EMS State License Application. You must first read the Application Instructions page before completing the form.
- Copy (front and back) of current NREMT Registration Card
- Copy (front and back) of a current – signed CPR card any from the following: American Heart Association, American Red Cross, American College of Emergency Physicians, American Safety & Health Institute, and Emergency Care & Safety Institute
- For ATP Applicants: Copy of current credentials
- For Paramedic Applicants: Copy of current ACLS credentials
- Must complete a Fingerprint Background Check prior to submitting your application. All applicants MUST use the Georgia Applicant Processing Service (GAPS) for the submission of your Fingerprint Background Check. The department does not accept criminal history reports from the applicant or other sources. Click on the following link to learn more Applicant Fingerprinting Online Services.
- Submit a Notarized Verification of Lawful U.S. Residency form. Must submit a copy of verifiable document that was shown to the Notary Public for U.S. Residency (e.g. Driver's License or Passport)
- Applications with a fee of $75.00 must be submitted together. Applications submitted without the required fee and documents will delay the licensing process.
Georgia does not have a reciprocity process. However, you are required to have a current NREMT registration and submit the EMS State License Application with the required documents listed above.
Page last updated 1/30/2017