The mission of the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Trauma Section is to encourage, foster, and promote the continued development of an optimal system of emergency medical and trauma care which provides the best possible patient outcome.
- By promoting excellence, providing uniform statewide regulation, and promoting healthy communities, we see to be valued by those we serve.
- An important by product of regulation is value-added information for emergency preparedness, public health, EMS research, and strategic governance.
- By managing knowledge, EMS can improve public health in Georgia .
- Excellence: We promote excellence, achieve and maintain quality results.
- Integrity: We are committed to honest, fairness, and trustworthiness in the best interests of the citizens of Georgia and those that represent state government.
- Teamwork: We encourage active collaboration to solve problems, avoid conflict, make decisions, and achieve common goals.
- To provide and maintain support for regional planning, development, expansion and improvement to each of the ten EMS regions;
- To provide statewide coordination of training programs;
- To provide technical support within each EMS region for the establishment of region-wide medical control of the EMS system;
- To provide for annual assessment of regional planning and development in each EMS region;
- To assure continued system development and quality improvement;
- To incorporate the special needs of children in EMS system development;
- To provide an integrated EMS Information System for local, regional and state planning and evaluation of system development.