First Lady Sandra Deal and 100 partners representing the public and private sectors from across the state will gather at GPB in Atlanta next Wednesday, August, 6, to launch Get Georgia Reading—Campaign for Grade-Level Reading. Representatives from this unprecedented partnership will make their promises to Georgia’s children about what they will do to get Georgia reading.
These partners are working together—across sectors—to make sure kids not only have access to books, but that they also have access to food, vaccines, high-quality learning environments, parent engagement, and effective teachers.
· Georgia First Lady Sandra Deal
· Brenda Fitzgerald, commissioner, Dept. of Public Health
· Amy Jacobs, interim commissioner of the Dept. of Early Care and Learning
· John Barge, State School Superintendent, Georgia Dept. of Education
· Emmett Shaffer, vice president for Education at United Way of Greater Atlanta
· Amanda Miliner, 2015 Georgia Teacher of the Year
· Rita Erves, Georgia PTA president
· Carmen Agra Deedy , children's book author and storyteller