The mission of Health Behavior and Policy section is to systematically collect, analyze, interpret, and disseminate data on chronic diseases, injuries and health risk behaviors among Georgians. The Health Behavior and Polices group provides scientific service and expertise in support of Department of Public Health’s efforts to promote health and prevent chronic disease, injury, and disability.
- Maintain a high standard of data collection and data quality.
- Prepare epidemiologic summaries and reports on chronic diseases, risk factors, and indicators of health disparities.
- Provide analytical support to stakeholders to identify population at risk for chronic diseases.
- Assist in planning, monitoring, and evaluating chronic disease and injury prevention programs.
- Contribute to the body of scientific evidence related to the control and prevention of chronic diseases.
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance (BRFSS)
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS)
- Tobacco Use Surveillance
- School Health Profiles