The mission of injury epidemiology is to systematically collect, analyze, interpret, and disseminate data on injuries among Georgians. Injury epidemiology provides scientific service and expertise in support of Department of Public Health’s efforts to promote health and prevent injuries.
- Maintain a high standard of data collection and data quality.
- Prepare epidemiologic summaries and reports on injuries.
- Provide analytical support to stakeholders to identify population at risk for injury.
- Assist in planning, monitoring, and evaluating injury prevention programs.
- Contribute to the body of scientific evidence related to the control and prevention of injury.
Major areas in injury epidemiology are: