- Profile of Injuries in Georgia, 2005: State and County Statistics, 1999-2001
For your convenience, individual chapters of the document are provided as separate PDF Files below:
Profile of Injuries
- Overview of All Injuries
- Motor Vehicle-Related
- Drowning and Near-Drowning
- Suicide and Suicide Attempts
- Homicide and Assaults
- County and District Data
Fact Sheets / Data Summaries
- Suicide in Georgia, 1999-2001: This data summary report presents information on the number of deaths, who is at risk, age-adjusted rates by sex, age, race, and marital status, most common methods and age-adjusted rates by county. Selected goals of the Georgia Suicide Prevention Plan are highlighted.
- Youth Suicide in Georgia, 1999-2001: This data summary report highlights information on 15-19 year old high school age youth: number of deaths, age-adjusted rates by sex, age and race, most common methods for suicides and attempts, number of males and females who attempt suicide and are hospitalized, the hospital charges and the 2003 Georgia Student Health Profile Survey results on the prevalence of suicidal thoughts among 9th - 12th graders in Georgia public high schools.
- Motorcycles in Georgia, 2003: This fact sheet is for the general public and highlights motorcycle crashes and injuries in Georgia.
- Motorcycles in Georgia, 2003: This fact sheet is for health and safety professionals and gives detail crash and hospital information for motorcycles in Georgia.
- Pickup Truck Crashes in Georgia, 2008: This fact sheet highlights pickup truck crashes and injuries in Georgia including information on restraint use.
- Georgia Injury Prevention Strategic Plan, 2010-2015
- Georgia Suicide Prevention Plan: The Governor and the Georgia General Assembly appropriated funds for a plan to address the serious problem of suicide in Georgia. The Plan contains a wide range of activities to promote suicide prevention, research and evaluation of suicide prevention efforts.