The purpose of the Georgia Public Health Nursing Database is to provide comprehensive, detailed and meaningful information efficiently about the public health nursing personnel in the State of Georgia. This database will be electronically available and accessible through the Georgia Department of Public Health Website, but protected through a password or software data protection.
The database will provide quarterly and annual reporting of the key indicators to evaluate the services provided by the public health nurses at the district and state level. The database aims to measure impact, forecast trends and plan for future workforce of public health nurses. The database will organize, store and retrieve information effectively. The system will expedite preparation of reports for various administrative levels and signals important changes in parameters of population health care issues rapidly and meaningfully.
Using this database, linkages between the public health nursing workforce and the population-based outcomes will be identified. Since the focus of public health nursing is the population and community-oriented practice, the report generated from this database will determine the percent of the population served by the public health nurses and the percent of the population in need of services and eligible to be served by the public health nurses.
The Georgia Public Health Nursing Database will provide the following key indicators that will aid the policy makers in making decisions necessary to improve the services provided, determine the strengths and weaknesses of nursing workforce and give positive feedback on areas where they excel:
- Turnover Rate
- Vacancy Rate
- Percent of counties that completed site visits within 24 months
- Ratio of public health nurse (PHN) to population (standard 1:5000)
- Supervisory Ratio
- Ratio of delegating physician per Registered Nurse
- Ratio of delegating physician per Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Percent of satisfaction by customers
- Percent of population served by PHN
- Percent of population in need/served/eligible by PHN
- Distribution of PHN workforce by generation groups