The Putative Father Registry is not a public file. The Georgia Code (Section 19-11-9 (e) states that search requests can be made only by (1) a governmental department, board, commission, bureau, agency, or political subdivision of any state for purposes of locating an absent parent or (2) the Georgia Department of Public Health, a licensed child-placing agency, or a member in good standing of the State Bar of Georgia, for purposes of locating a biological father.
There is a $10 charge per name to search the Registry, unless presentation of an affidavit of the petitioner's indigence is provided.
To submit this form:
- View the form.
- Go to File / Print and print out the page. Use a separate registration form for each child.
- Fill out the form:
- Type or print all information except signatures.
- Use only black or dark blue ink. Do not use pencil or any other color ink.
- Enter all available information. Note: All the asterisked (*) items must be provided to initiate a search of the Putative Father Registry.
- There is a $10 fee to search the Registry for each name.
- Note: This form may be reproduced.
- Make a check or money order ($10/name) payable to Vital Records / DHR. Do not send cash in the mail.
- Mail the completed form along with the $10 fee to:
2600 Skyland Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30319-3640
FAX (404) 679-4730.
- Get answers to general questions by reading the FAQ or calling the Registry at (404) 679-4780.
- If you need more specific information about the Putative Father Registry, your rights concerning adoption proceedings, or other information regarding Georgia law, please contact your attorney.