Educational Resources for the General Public
- Tuberculosis – General Information
- Hear, Act, Learn TB (HALT) factsheet
- Hear, Act, Learn TB (HALT) postcard
- Hear, Act, Learn TB (HALT) cartoon
- Tuberculosis: Getting Healthy, Staying Healthy [English,Spanish]
- The Difference Between Latent TB Infection and active TB Disease
- Diagnosis of Tuberculosis Disease
- Tuberculin Skin Testing
- BCG Vaccine (2006)
- CDC Tuberculosis Facts Sheets
- What Parents Need to know about Tuberculosis (TB) Infection in Children
- Sputum Collection Instructions
- Questions and Answers About Tuberculosis
These culturally appropriate patient education materials are available in English (low literacy), Spanish, and Tagalog languages. The Spanish and Tagalog versions include the English translations on the flip side of the publication. The Spanish/English and Tagalog/English versions are only available in print format and may be ordered using the CDC online publication order form.
The English-only versions can be ordered or downloaded.
- Get the Facts About TB Disease
A booklet about TB transmission, treatment for TB disease, and how to communicate with family and friends about TB.
- What You Need to Know About TB Infection
A booklet on TB infection, including the TB skin test, treatment, and adherence to medication.
- What You Need to Know About the TB Skin Test
A fact sheet on the basics of the TB skin test
- Protect Your Family and Friends From TB: The TB Contact Investigation
A booklet on how to protect family and friends from TB and how to talk to a healthcare worker during a contact investigation.
- Take Steps to Control TB When You Have HIV
A booklet about the importance of TB testing, treating TB infection, and treating TB disease when a person has HIV infection
- Staying on Track with TB Medicine
A booklet about treatment and ways to adhere to medication regimens for TB infection and TB disease.
Florida Department of Health
Printed material and DVDs in Spanish, Haitian Creole, Serbian, Russian, Vietnamese. Also information on AG Holley TB Hospital & Clinical course & correctional issues
Written, Audio, Multimedia & Web-page Video general education about TB in English, Somali, Spanish & Vietnamese
Medline Plus-Tuberculosis (National Library of Medicine)
A service of the U. S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. Links to an interactive tutorial available in English & Spanish.
Minnesota Department of Health
Brochures in Amharic, Arabic, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, Hmong, Khmer (Cambodian), Laotian, Oromo, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tibetan, Vietnamese
New York City Department of Health
Brochures in Spanish, Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Russian, Hindi, Bengali, Urdu
Southeastern National TB Center
Vivir a Todo Pulmón: Educational Tools to Address Tuberculosis in Spanish-speaking, Foreign-born Communities. Calendar, Poster, Novela Strip, Fotonovela and Public Service Announcements.
TB Education & Training Resources
Searchable database for education and training materials in various formats and languages.
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants
The USCRI Healthy Living Toolkit is designed to educate refugees and immigrants to become proactive health consumers and promoters in their communities. Brochure “What is Tuberculosis” in Arabic, Amharic, Bosnian, Burmese, English, Farsi (Persian), French, Haitian Creole, Hmong, Karen, Kirundi, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, & Vietnamese.