2019 EMS Instructor Updates
The Georgia Office of EMS and Trauma is updating the process for EMS Instructor Licensure this year, and to prepare all of our licensed instructors for this, we have scheduled EMS Instructor Updates across the state. There is at least one date in each Region. EMS Instructors should attend one of the following dates:
Two sessions are being held at the GEMSA Providers and Educators Conference - register at https://www.georgiaems.net/fall-registration:
- Friday, 10/4/2019 - 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Saturday, 10/5/2019 - 9:30am - 4:30pm
There are 4 updates being held in Region 3 (all times are 9a-4p) - register at http://bit.ly/2k23zK4
- Wed-10/23/19 @ Clayton County Fire and Emergency Services, Training Academy, 7810 Highway 85, Riverdale, GA 30274
- Thu-11/07/19 @ Grady EMS Academy, 2284 Marietta Blvd, NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Tue-11/12/19 @ Legion Field, 3173 Mill Street, Covington, Ga 30014
- Wed-11/20/19 @ Metro Atlanta Ambulance Service, 1120 Allgood Industrial Drive, Marietta, GA 30060
Click HERE to register for the following sessions (all times are 9a-4p):
- Tue, 10/22/19 @ Coweta County Fairgrounds, 275 Pine Rd., Newnan, GA 30263; Region 04
- Fri, 11/08/19 @ Braselton Event Center, 5257 GA-53, Braselton, GA 30517; Region 02
- Fri, 11/15/19 @ Augusta Technical College, (tentative room) Jack B Patrick ITC Building (1000), ITC Auditorium, 3200 Augusta Tech Dr, Augusta, GA; Region 06
- Fri, 11/22/19 @ Athens Technical College, Building A, Room 139, 800 US Highway 29 North, Athens, GA; Region 10
- Tue, 11/26/19 @ Brown Conference Center @ Hamilton Medical Center, 1200 Memorial Dr, Dalton, GA 30720; Region 01
- Mon, 12/02/19 @ GPSTC (GA Public Safety Training Center), 1000 Indian Springs Dr. Forsyth 31029; Conference Bay A; Region 05
- Mon, 12/09/19 @ OFTC (Oconee Fall Line Technical College)-Dublin Campus, Porter Conference Bldg, YKK Room, 560 Pinehill Rd Dublin, 31021; Region 05
- Thu, 12/12/19 @ St Francis Hospital Auditorium - Butler Pavilion, 2122 Manchester Expressway, Columbus, GA 31904; Region 07
- Wed, 12/18/19 @ Albany Technical College, Kirkland Conference Center, 1704 South Slappey Blvd, Albany, GA; Region 08
- Thu, 12/19/19 @ Savannah Technical College, Eckberg Auditorium, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, Georgia 31405; Region 09
During the workshop, we will discuss:
- Georgia Scope of Practice Changes; how this will affect medics and agencies. We will also look at the new National EMS Scope of Practice, and the changes coming down the pipeline.
- New License Management System We will educate Instructors on this new system of licensing for Georgia’s EMS professionals and Initial EMS Education programs, showing you the features and benefits available as we continue to improve Georgia’s EMS System, including:
- Using the system for initial and continuing education approvals.
- Entering and tracking student’s education.
- O.C.G.A. Rules and Regulations 511-9-2 We will review the updated Rules and Regulations for Georgia, including changes to EMS Instructor licensing and Initial EMS Education program approvals.
- GEMSIS Elite:
- All approved education programs have access to GEMSIS Elite as an ePCR platform for students during initial education into the profession. We will discuss how programs can have an agency profile in GEMSIS Elite with no cost, how using an EMS ePCR software platform fits into the core curriculum of initial education, how the system can benefit your program, and the benefits of using this system for your students and potential employers, including how it fits into Appendix G for accreditation.
Be sure to bring your laptop to the update!