BinaxNOW Training for those doing the testing (Abbott)
These are the dates and times of the upcoming trainings:
- Monday, October 12, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. EDT
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. EDT
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. EDT
- Thursday, October 15, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. EDT
- Friday, October 16, 2020 | 11:00 a.m. EDT
- Monday, October 19, 2020 | 10:00 a.m. EDT
- Monday, October 19, 2020 | 4:00 p.m. EDT
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 | 10:00 a.m. EDT
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 | 4:00 p.m. EDT
- Friday, October 23, 2020 | 10:00 a.m. EDT
- Friday, October 23, 2020 | 4:00 p.m. EDT
Abbott has indicated that this website provides the same information as the training that was being offered this week, including some step-by-step videos:
Data Reporting (results) Training (DPH)
The Department of Public Health conducted a training on the data reporting requirements related to the use of these tests, and the new DPH COVID 19 Point of Care Test Reporting Module (available HERE).
- Recorded video below.
BinaxNOW train-the-trainer – for those people who will train others on how to do the testing
Abbott is currently scheduled to do a train-the-trainer session with the State of Georgia on Monday, 10/19/2020 @ 1pm. We encourage ALL EMS agencies who wish to have these test kits allocated to you to be on this session. We ask that only ONE person (likely your training officer or medical director) attend this session, or that you attend the session in the same room. Details of that call are here:
- Training: Abbott Binax Covid-19 Ag Card/Navica Training (Train-the-Trainer)
- Date/Time: Monday, 10/19/2020 @ 1pm
- Link: https://myabbottmeetings.webex.com/myabbottmeetings/j.php?MTID=m78ec74455498c044709f1919de932a68
- Meeting number (access code): 146 089 1676
- Meeting password: RFmek4zp3W3
- Join by phone: +1-855-756-6338 US Toll Free
BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen Tests for COVID-19 for EMS Agencies
As of 10/9/2020, EMS Agencies in Georgia have the opportunity to request an allocation of BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen Tests for COVID-19. These tests are provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and are allocated by the Georgia Department of Public Health.
To qualify for allocation of these test kits, EMS Agencies must:
- Have a current CLIA Certificate of Waiver (Click HERE to get information on CLIA for EMS)
- Have support of the EMS Agency Medical Director
- Agree to follow all guidance from DPH on the use of these devices
- Agree to report ALL results within 24 hours to the Georgia Department of Public Health
- Request an Allocation through the OEMS License Mangement System
Any agency requesting allocations of these test kits should prepare by attending these 3 types of trainings, and should review ALL of the information on this page: https://www.globalpointofcare.abbott/en/support/product-installation-training/navica-brand/navica-binaxnow-ag-training.html
This is the recorded training for the Data Reporting Requirements:
Key points regarding the BinaxNOW test kits and CLIA Waivers:
- If these BinaxNOW tests are allocated to your agency, they are to be used to test symptomatic EMS Agency staff and medics, NOT the general public and NOT patients.
- These test kits are meant to test symptomatic individuals within the first 7 days of being symptomatic - they are not meant for routine screening of asymptomatic persons.
- Any agency that receives these kits will be required to report ALL results of the tests (positive, negative, inconclusive) to DPH.
- You must have a CURRENT CLIA Certificate of Waiver in order to have tests allocated to your agency. Start the process now - see information here:
- In fact, ALL EMS Agencies need to have a CLIA Certificate - keep in mind that this is not a new requirement, since ALL EMS Agencies have the ability to test blood glucose.