Alcohol Use Surveillance
Surveillance of alcohol use is conducted to provide information on the burden of excessive alcohol use and related problems in the state of Georgia. Population-based alcohol-related data are analyzed and disseminated to the public.
Excessive alcohol use is associated with increased risk for:
- Alcohol dependence
- Chronic disease
- Unsafe sexual activity and unintended pregnancy
- Motor vehicle crashes
- Calculate prevalence of binge and heavy drinking in Georgia.
- Produce data summaries on the burden of excessive alcohol use.
- Provide information and technical assistance to community and public health partners.
- Propose strategies for prevention of excessive alcohol use and related harms based on scientific evidence.