Environmental Health Contractor Certification
* Scroll down to see the fee payment link.
NOTE: Pumper Companies must have renewed their County Septage and Removal Permits by 12/31/20. Call your to schedule an inspection and manifest review.
How do to become a certified septic tank installer or pumper:
- Review the certification requirements for individuals and companies. .
- Study for the exam(s). You must pass at least the Residential Exam in order to install.
- Contact your County Environmental Health Office to schedule your exam. .
- Complete the application(s) and bring them to your county.
- If starting a new company, pay your company certification fee online below for fast processing; expect delays if mailing a check.
- If you are a pumper company, you need to have your truck(s) inspected by the county and be issued a County Septage and Removal Permit. Call your County Env Health Office.
Renewal Requirements (next renewal cycle is 2/28/2022):
- Must be working under a certified company.
- If new starting a new company or renewing late, complete the email it to us. and
- Continuing education every 2 years (Installers = 8 hrs; Pumpers = 6 hrs).
- Company fee payment ($100 late fee if renewing after 2/28/20).
- County pumper permit must be current for all pumping companies
- If you were previously certified and have been non-certified for over 2 years, you must reapply and retest.
- If you are changing companies, need to change your contact information, or have any questions about certification, please call the State Environmental Health Office at 404-657-6534.
Septic Tank Pumper
$500 Late Renewal
|Installer AND Septic Tank/
Portable Sanitation Pumper
$900 Late Renewal
|Septic Tank AND Portable
$500 Late Renewal
$400 Late Renewal
Expect delays if mailing a check or money order.
Make payment out to GA DPH, Env Health and send to:
Env Health, 2 Peachtree St NW, 13th Floor; Atlanta, GA 30303.
Please call us at 404-657-6534 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.