TB Educational and Training Opportunities in Georgia
Please note that due to social distancing efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19, all live TB training has been suspended. Digital learning modules, in the form of voice-over Power Points, have been developed for three courses listed below. Information will be posted as more courses become ready for use. An updated training calendar will be posted when live training resumes. Thank you for your patience, and stay safe!
For questions, you can contact our TB Nurses at 404-657-2634 or [email protected]
Virtual TB Training
I. TB Update and Skin Test Course. It has been updated for 2022!
A. DPH staff must access the training on Exceed, the DPH Learning Management System.
B. Non-DPH Employees must follow the steps below. All components of the course must be completed, which include:
- Registering for he course (see registration form below). Scanning and e-mailing the registration form to [email protected]
- Viewing the "DPH “TB Update and Skin Test Course” power point. (updated 12/2021)
- Viewing the CDC Mantoux Tuberculin Skin Test Podcast https://tools.cdc.gov/medialibrary/index.aspx#/media/id/302210
- Sending an e-mail to [email protected] after completing steps 1 -3. A 10-question test will be sent and a minimum of 70% must be achieved.
- Being observed by a person within your organization who has completed this course successfully, and having that person sign for each of 10 observed TST placements and 10 TST readings on the Skills Validation Worksheet (below). Scan and e-mail this form to the TB Nurse when completed.
*Please note that, due to face-to-face class instruction restrictions since the COVID-19 pandemic, staff working for organizations that do not already have someone trained to administer and read TB skin tests will not be able to be checked off because they cannot be observed at work or at the local health department. Therefore, they will not be eligible to receive certification at this time. In these situations, we strongly advise not taking this course until it is again offered as a face-to-face option. Personnel that need to receive a TB skin test for employment purposes can make an appointment at their local county health department.
Questions? Interested in taking this course? Please contact us through the e-mail below.
II. TB Case Management Course (accessed through Exceed only)
III. TB Direct Observed Therapy (DOT) and Video DOT (accessed through Exceed only)
Train the Trainer: TB Update and Skin Test Certification (currently being updated)
TB Task Force (currently being updated)
The Southeastern National Tuberculosis Center offers a variety of TB-related trainings developed in response to the identified needs of TB care providers in the southeast region. Although some trainings are conducted in Gainesville, Florida many are webinars which allow you to participate from your computer. Trainings provide information regarding tuberculin skin testing, interviewing skills, TB Case Management, anti-TB medication and much more.
Page last updated 09/18/2020