"A man who has engaged in a nonmarital sexual relationship with a woman is deemed to be on notice that a pregnancy and adoption proceedings regarding a child may occur and has the duty to protect his own rights and interests in that child. He is therefore entitled to notice of an adoption proceeding only as provided in this Code section." (Section 19-8-12(a) Official Code of Georgia Annotated)
To submit this form:
- View the form.
- Go to File / Print and print out the page. Use a separate registration form for each child.
- Fill out the form:
- Type or print all information except signatures.
- Use only black or dark blue ink. Do not use pencil or any other color ink.
- No fee is required for a man to provide information to the Putative Father Registry. No fee is required for a man to correct or change information entered in the Putative Father Registry.
- Mail or fax the completed form to :
Putative Father Registry
2600 Skyland Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30319-3640
FAX (404) 679-4730.
- Get answers to general questions by reading the FAQ or calling the Registry at (404) 679-4780.
- If you need more specific information about the Putative Father Registry, your rights concerning adoption proceedings, or other information regarding Georgia law, please contact your attorney.
You may correct or change any of the information you previously provided to the Registry. To make a change, mail or fax a letter to the above address, including your complete name, Social Security number, old information as it was originally entered in the Registry, and the new information as it should be shown in the Registry.