Publications and Manuals
- 2019 GaPEW Summary of Proceedings The Georgia Practice and Education Workgroup (GaPEW) was formed in 1996 to bridge the gap between public health and schools of nursing. Each year GaPEW hosts a summit about nursing issues. This year's summit was held on Feb. 8, 2019, and focused on preparing nursing students to respond to disasters.
- BSN Classroom Toolkit The purpose of the "Public Health Nurses in the BSN Classroom" toolkit is to introduce Public Health Nursing career opportunities to prospective BSN students before they graduate and to strengthen the alignment between baccalaureate programs in Georgia and public health nurses within the local community.
- CLIA Toolkit (Rev 10.24.19) The DPH Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments Toolkit (CLIA Toolkit) provides guidance and resources for DPH Public Health Laboratories. The CLIA Toolkit includes a pre-inspection checklist to facilitate internal assessments of laboratory processes. The Checklist outlines required laboratory standards with links to example documents in the appendices.
- Mentoring Program for Public Health Nurses
The Georgia Department of Public Health Office of Nursing has collaborated with the DHR Office of Human Resource Management and Development (OHRMD) in the development of the Mentoring Program for Public Health Nurses as a key component of the recruitment and retention plan for public health nurses (PHNs). It is hoped that mentoring may provide one means by which the current crisis in recruiting and retaining public health nurses may be addressed, thereby ensuring a competent and professional nursing workforce for the citizens of Georgia.
- Telehealth/Telenursing/Telemedicine Guidelines for Public Health Nurses
The Guidelines for Georgia Public Health Nurses Practicing in Telehealth/Telenursing/Telemedicine were developed by the Georgia Department of Public Health, Office of Nursing by using concepts of evidence-based practice and interdisciplinary collaboration with the overall goal to ensure safety in providing telehealth/telenursing/telemedicine public health services. The guidelines are a resource for public health nurses who are providing or considering providing nursing services through the use of telehealth technologies.
CLIA Toolkit Appendice(s)
- A - District site visit letter_5-30-2018_rev
- B - Laboratory Testing Duties and Responsibilities for Staff Procedure_3-25-2019_rev
- C - Personnel Policies for Individuals Directing or Performing Non Waived Tests
- D - Testing Authorization Procedure_ 3-2019_rev 6-19
- E - Laboratory Orientation and Training_8-13-2018
- F - Combined docs for Competency Assessment - CLIA Lab Tests Checklists and Personnel Procedure 4.30.19 rev
- G - List of Procedures from Procedure Manual Table of Contents 2018_6-19_rev
- H - Biohazard Waste Disposal_Eye Wash_Index SDS_Lab Safety Procedure and Waste disposal procedure rev 5.17.19
- I- Quality Assurance Procedure_6-4-2018 (1)_rev 6-19
- J - Quality Control Guidelines 2018-10-16
- K- Guidelines for Proficiency Testing_5-31-2018 (1)_rev 6-19
- L - Corrective Action for PT
- M - Record of Testing Personnel performing PT
- N - Calibration Policy_12-14-2018 rev 5.17.19
- O - Combined Eye Wash Station Maintenance Log and General Maintenance Log_12-18-2018 rev
- P - Hemoglobin Analyzer - HemoCue Hb 201+ - 2018-06-26
- Q - Combined Refrigeration Unit Temp_ Room Temp_Humidity Log 1018_12_17 rev
Page last updated 11/19/2019