Georgia Shape is the Governor’s statewide, multi-agency and multi-dimensional initiative that brings together governmental, philanthropic, academic and business communities to address childhood obesity in Georgia.
As part of the Georgia Shape initiative, the Georgia Department of Public Health’s (DPH) Chronic Disease Prevention Section awards grant funding to assist local schools with expanding and enhancing their physical activity and nutrition efforts. More than 60 schools have been funded to date. This program is open to any public school, elementary, middle or high, across the state.
Along with a funding award, grantees are provided technical assistance that includes—
- Statewide recognition
- Attendance a statewide healthy schools summit
- Completion of school health assessment
- Action planning and resources
- Peer to peer learning and trainings
- Assistance with evaluation
Other partners supporting Shape grantees include the Georgia Health Policy Center, HealthMPowers, the Georgia Departments of Education, Agriculture and Community Health, the Southeast United Dairy Industry Association, and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation.
- Funding Opportunity Release Date: February 15, 2016
- Application Due Date: April 2, 2016
- Anticipated Award Notification: May 23, 2016
- Funding Year: October 2016 to June 2017
Page last updated 02/17/2016