The mission of the GHHLPPP, in keeping with the proposed HealthyPeople 2010 objective, is to eliminate childhood lead poisoning in Georgia.
- Update and implement the statewide lead poisoning screening plan.
- Improve and redefine statewide lead poisoning surveillance system that incorporates electronic reporting of all blood lead levels and ensures the timely dissemination of information.
- Establish policies and procedures that ensure the appropriate screening and follow-up of children at risk for lead poisoning.
- Create health education, communication, and technical assistance programs for the general public, professionals, and staff that highlight the importance of lead poisoning prevention.
- Develop multi-faceted and culturally appropriate primary prevention activities.
- Evaluate the program completely in terms of process and impact.
Alliance for Healthy Homes
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Department of Natural Resources (GA)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
National Lead Information Center (NLIC)
Poison Center (GA)
An Environmental Health Specialist,
testing the lead levels on a house.