To Provide technical assistance and programmatic support to the Public Health Districts and Community Based Organizations to prevent Sexually Transmitted Diseases ensuring the availability of quality prevention, intervention, and treatment.
We envision healthy Georgia commmunities free of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs).
- To provide effective, honest, and respectful communication among the Georgia Department of Public Health divisions, health districts, community partners, and our diverse clients.
- Self Accountability for maximizing Job performance according to the process performance standards, to best serve our internal and external customers.
- Shared responsibility and active participation in maximizing disease intervention opportunities.
- Provide a mutual commitment to to increase awareness, enhance services, and significantly reduce STDs in the State of Georgia.
- To provide technical assistance and programmatic support to the Public Health Districts and Community Based Organizations to prevent Sexually Transmitted Infections ensuring the availability of quality prevention, intervention, and treatment.
- Work to reduce morbidity associated with sexually transmitted disease in Georgia through effective surveillance efforts by planning, training, monitoring, and evaluation strategies.
The Georgia Department of Public Health STD program is led by Michelle Allen. A woman commited to reducing the morbidity of STDs in Georgia. One who belives that results are met with a strong team effort, Ms. Allen gives her all to lead by example to continue efforts in the delivery of quality STD and HIV/AIDS related prevention, care, treatment, and research. Preventing STDs and their complications in both the public and private sectors through coordinated, comprehensive statewide STD prevention, statewide STD screening, and effective surveillance of STDs through planning, training, monitoring, and evaluation services stands as a priority to met goals of STD awareness and STD prevention in the state of Georgia.
2 Peachtree St. NW, 13th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303