Rapidly respond to public health emergencies through assessment and reduction of environmental health threats to human health.
- Prevent communicable disease and contamination of food and water.
- Develop and monitor environmental health information.
- Inspect and control sanitation measures.
- Ensure safe water and wastewater disposal.
- Control disease vectors and potential epidemics.
- Facilitate laboratory testing of food and water.
- Inspect facilities and shelters.
Environmental Health Emergency Response Manual
Environmental Health Training in Emergency Response (CDC's EHTER)
Flood - Cleanup Guide
Flood - Prevent Potential Health Problems
Food - Safety Tips for Snow Storm Affected Areas (USDA)
Food - Safety Tips During Power Outages (USDA)
Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA)
Incident Command System (ICS) Resource Center (FEMA)
Mold Prevention After a Disaster (YouTube Video)
Water Interruption Brochure