Septic Tanks, On-Site Sewage, Portable Toilets
- Minimize health problems related to untreated human sewage.
- Regulation and inspection of new on-site sewage management systems (septic tanks/field lines) installed annually.
- Investigation and inspection of repairs made annually to improperly functioning on-site sewage management systems.
- Education, training, and certification for environmentalists, septic tank installers, pumpers, soil scientists, geologists, and engineers involved in installing, maintaining, and repairing on-site sewage management systems.
Contractor Certification and Online Renewals
Buying addditives/chemicals for your tank? Think again!
Guide to Septic Tanks
Videos: Understanding Your Septic Tank
The Septic System Challenge
Hire a Certified:
Septic Tank Installer - Septic Tank Pumper
Portable Sanitation Pumper
* Call 404-657-6534 for a current list of certified septic tank installers and/or pumpers.
Applications and Study Guides
Committies (Certification Review, Soil Classifiers, Technical Review)
Education and Training Courses
Manual for Onsite
Residency Verification Form
Rules and Regulations
Soil Classifier Info
Variance/Waiver Request Form and Instructions
Background and Use of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems in GA
Design Criteria for Peak Sewage Flow
Impact of Onsite Sewage Systems on Ground Water Nitrogen
Welstrom - Online Mapping Tool
Septic Tanks, Wells, Soils, and More!
If a septic tank is not installed level and/or at the proper grade, it will FAIL. Our Environmental Health Specialists always check for this...and so much more!
Page last updated 04/28/16