Susceptibility testing is performed on Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) isolates from new patients and every 3 months thereafter if cultures continue to be positive for MTB. Susceptibility testing is only performed on isolates of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex.
BD MGIT system
Pure culture Isolates:
Pure cultures submitted on solid media such as Middlebrook 7H10/7H11 or Lowenstein-Jensen slants. Cultures submitted in liquid 7H9 broth, MGIT, BacT/Alert MP bottles, VersaTREK bottles.
Cultures can be maintained at room temperature (15-30°C) during transit using a Category A shipping container.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
Pure culture isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex.
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Excessive growth
- Insufficient growth
- Culture Contaminated
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Isolates submitted for susceptibility testing only: 10-14 business days
- Positive culture isolates from clinical specimens: 14-28 business days
29579-0 (Order code: 33950)