Severe Weather Info:
Environmental Health Training in Emergency Response (CDC's EHTER)
Flood - Prevent Potential Health Problems
Food - Safety Tips for Snow Storm Affected Areas (USDA)
Food - Safety Tips During Power Outages (USDA)
Georgia Emergency Management Agency (GEMA)
Incident Command System (ICS) Resource Center (FEMA)
Mold Prevention After a Disaster (YouTube Video)
* Additional Emergency Preparedness forms, inspections, etc are available to staff on the DPH internal site.
Rapidly respond to public health emergencies through assessment and reduction of environmental health threats to human health.
- Prevent communicable disease and contamination of food and water.
- Develop and monitor environmental health information.
- Inspect and control sanitation measures.
- Ensure safe water and wastewater disposal.
- Control disease vectors and potential epidemics.
- Facilitate laboratory testing of food and water.
- Inspect facilities and shelters.