Minimize illnesses and injuries associated with contaminated or hazardous conditions in or around swimming pools.
* There is a 4-month implementation period for new pool construction and remodeling activities. Enforcement begins May 31, 2017. Owners/operators of existing pools will be given a reasonable period of time to comply with applicable changes in the amended rules.
Pool Owner/Operator Resources:
- CDC Healthy Swimming Program
- CDC Fecal Incident Response Recommendations
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission - Pool Safety
For complaints (Covid-19 included), record requests, services, inspections, exams, or other locally-related questions, contact your view as webpage).(or
- Reduce substantial health hazards and other risk factors that lead to illness or injury through training and enforcement.
- Conduct complaint investigations associated with swimming pools, spas, and recreational waterparks.
- Perform compliance inspections of all regulated facilities to ensure adherence to design, operation and maintenance rules.