Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines Including Boosters
What You Need to Know
CDC recommends everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, including all primary series doses and the updated booster.
- CDC recommends everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines for their age group:
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection against COVID-19.
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised have different recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 vaccine and booster recommendations may be updated as CDC continues to monitor the latest data.
Prevention to stop the spread of COVID-19
- COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalizations, and death.
- Getting vaccinated is the best way to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- CDC recommends that everyone who is eligible stay up to date on their COVID-19 vaccines.
Wear a mask
- Everyone ages 2 years and older should properly wear a well-fitting mask indoors in public in areas where the COVID-19 Community Level is high, regardless of vaccination status.
- If you are in an area with a high COVID-19 Community Level, wear a mask indoors in public.
Stay 6 feet away from others
- Inside your home: Avoid close contact with people who are sick, if possible.
- Indoors in public: If you are not up to date on COVID-19 vaccines, stay at least 6 feet away from other people, especially if you are at higher risk of getting very sick with COVID-19.