Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines Including Boosters
What You Need to Know
CDC recommends everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, including all primary series doses and the updated booster.
- Updated (bivalent) boosters became available on:
- September 2, 2022, for people 12 years of age and older
- October 12, 2022, for people aged 5–11
- CDC recommends everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines for their age group:
- Getting a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection against COVID-19.
- If you recently had COVID-19, you may consider delaying your next vaccine dose (primary dose or booster) by 3 months from when your symptoms started or, if you had no symptoms, when you first received a positive test.
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised have different recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVID-19 vaccine and booster recommendations may be updated as CDC continues to monitor the latest data.