COVID-19 Resources for EMS
Emergency Medical Services
Coronavirus - for the latest OEMS COVID-19 Resources, click HERE
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for EMS Instructor Rules and other purposes (posted 9/9/2020) - click. These rules have been formally adopted by the DPH Commissioner.
COVID-19 Resources for EMS
DPH is recommending that EMS agencies and 911 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) follow the current guidance from the CDC. 911 centers may also choose to use the latest Emerging Infectious Disease Surveillance Tool (Coronavirus/SRI/MERS/Ebola) published by the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch.
Public safety agencies are highly encouraged to reinforce with their field personnel how to respond to and manage a patient of this type. This should include the epidemiology and a summary of current events surrounding the 2019-nCoV. Agencies should also review and practice appropriate PPE levels, handwashing and disinfection practices.
NEW DIVERSION DASHBOARD (live on Monday, 8/3/2020 at Noon). In an effort to standardize the way hospital saturation/diversion status is reported to EMS agencies, the State of Georgia has established a statewide Diversion Dashboard. This is the ONLY official diversion status report for EMS agencies. You can visit the website HERE.
UPDATE (8/26/2020) In our continued response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, the Office of EMS and Trauma has issued an Emergency Rule that addresses EMS workforce issues and data reporting requirements for EMS agencies. To read the new Emergency Rule, please click.
- For instructions on how to petition the Department to use the alternate staffing model under this Emergency Rule, please click .
UPDATE (7/2/2020) EMS Quick Report Form - click on the version you need (, )
The Office of EMS and Trauma has established this form to be used by EMS personnel to provide patient care information to the receiving facility upon delivery of the patient until a prehospital care report can be completed and submitted through GEMSIS Elite. This new Quick Report complies with the Emergency Rule listed above.
Notes on the Quick Report Form:
- THIS FORM DOES NOT REPLACE THE NEED TO SUBMIT AN ELECTRONIC PATIENT CARE REPORT (ePCR).
- Agencies should submit ePCRs to GEMSIS Elite within 24 hours of call completion, and hospitals may access those patient care reports on Hospital Hub. To gain access to Hospital Hub, please contact your Regional EMS Director and they will forward your request.
- EMS Agencies may adapt this form and place their agency name on it, as long as the minimal information is kept on this document.
- By using this form (or one substantially similar to it), hospitals are more quickly able to contact the agency and specifically the crews if a patient that they transported tests positive for or is suspected of having COVID-19.
Accordion for EMS Homepage
New Content Posted
- LIFEPAK® 15 Monitor/Defibrillator by Stryker: Recall Notice
- New Remote Treatment Stroke Centers Added
- EMS Personnel Licensure
Page last updated 10/8/2020