Emergency Medical Services
Notice of Zoning - Liberty County ERZ
The Georgia Office of EMS and Trauma (OEMST) has received notice from the current 911 Zone Provider for Liberty County Emergency Response Zone of surrender and OEMST has directed the Region 09 EMS Council (“Council”) to open the Liberty Emergency Response Zone. The Council is issuing this notice to request proposals from EMS agencies for designation as the zoned ambulance provider to respond to “public calls” for EMS within the designated zone, pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 31-11-3 and DPH Rule 511-9-2-.04.
For Liberty County ERZ Public Notice of zoning dates, meetings, and submission of proposal instructions Click here .
For Response Data for Liberty County ERZ Click here .
GBI Georgia Applicant Processing Service (GAPS) has changed the fingerprint process for Georgia
The new GBI vendor for fingerprint processing, Fieldprint is available for fingerprint registration. If you have a Fieldprint account for another state, you must use the new system to register for a Georgia account.
- You can register using the new system at https://www.fieldprintgeorgia.com
- Applicant Registration Process - YouTube video link
- Applicant Registration Process - PDF instructions
Applicants with open registrations prior to April 28th with GAPS were canceled. Applicants will need to contact Thales (Gemalto Cogent) for a refund by calling 1-888-439-2512.
Late Medic License Renewals Open from 4/1/23 - 9/30/23
- 2023 Late Renewal (for those with a March 31, 2023 expiration) (additional $75 fee applies)
- Step 1: Confirm all 40 hours of Continuing Education hours are entered in the system. See the detailed steps for instructions to enter courses into your education report.
- Step 2: Complete the Late Georgia Medic Renewal Application. See the detailed steps.
Revised Minimum Equipment and Supplies for EMS Licensed Vehicles
The Department worked with EMSAC to develop revised/updated Vehicle Inspection Forms for all the vehicles licensed by OEMST.
- New format
- Now includes the operational items we have always inspected
- Items removed
- Items added
- Items changed in quantity
These forms/criteria are in effect as of January 1, 2023. Click here to review the new forms which are listed under the Vehicle Inspection Forms section.
2022 NHTSA EMS Reassessment
to review the document.
Travel Clinical Assistant
Public safety agencies are highly encouraged to reinforce with their field personnel on how to identify potential travel-related diseases and outbreaks using the Travel Clinical Assistant. The TCA provides epidemiological facts and guidelines for clinical symptoms, transmission modes, infection control guidance, and any reporting guidelines. Agencies should also review and practice appropriate PPE levels, handwashing, and disinfection practices.
POLICIES UNDER REVIEW:
- DRAFT EMS Initial Education Program Designation Policy available for review. Comments were taken and summarized by the Statewide EMS Educational Advisory Committee. OEMST has provided responses to each of the comments received. This policy will be re-drafted and released in 2023.
- EMS Personnel Licensure
Page last updated 5/15/2023