EMS Policies, Rules and Regulations
Rules and Regulations of the State of Georgia
This important training will give a multi-disciplinary understanding of the requirements for safe, quick clearance of traffic incident scenes; prompt, reliable and open communication; and motorist and responder safeguards that will help assist our professionals while performing their duties in traffic scenes.
- All currently licensed medics will be required to complete this free training online or in a classroom and will have until 3/31/2021 or 3/31/2022 to complete this training depending on their expiration date.
- This is a “one and done” class. If a medic has already completed this training, they will not need to complete the training again.
- Licensees will need to maintain verification records of this training.
Initial EMS Education Programs:
- All initial EMS education classes starting on or after January 1, 2019, will be required to include this training (online or classroom) as part of successful course completion for their students.
- The student will only need to complete the training once during an initial education course.
Please visit Required EMS Trainings for information on online course registration.
This policy identifies ACLS and CPR/BLS certifications that are recognized by the Office of EMS and Trauma for initial EMS licensure and ongoing EMS licensure.
Page last updated 1/11/2021