Protocols and Scope of Practice
Current Georgia Scope of Practice for EMS Personnel
- Recent Changes:
- 4/23/2020 - Extended the mandatory date of compliance with the Post-Licensure Skills for Paramedics to January 1, 2021. Also separated the Post-Licensure Skills for Paramedics from the main Scope of Practice.
- 4/23/2020 - Added “Perform specimen collection for infectious diseases.” to Assessment Skills. This was added to help the COVID-19 specimen collection and testing efforts in Georgia.
- 4/23/2020 - Added “Administration or maintenance of high flow oxygen via nasal cannula.” to Post-Licensure Skills.
2020 Georgia Scope of Practice for EMS Personnel Training:
- Recorded Webinar from 12/27/2019. We are unable to offer CEUs for watching the recorded webinar.
- Note: The Training does not include the information related to high flow nasal cannulas or the specimen collection that were added on 4/23/2020.
Page last updated 2/12/2020