Maternal Health ECHO
Georgia Maternal Health ECHO provides a virtual community learning platform for clinicians and community advocates to collaborate on the implementation of solutions to address maternal mortality and severe morbidity in our state.
ECHO sessions are monthly, and typically, on the third Wednesday, from 12 pm-1 pm (EST).
November 10, 2021, Cardiac Complications of the Perinatal Period: “Community Coordination and Models for Optimal Care.” - Presenter: Keisha Callins, MD, MPH: Joy McCann Endowed Professor Ob/Gyn, Community Health Care Systems Clinical Assistant Professor, Mercer University School of Medicine
October 13, 2021, Hypertensive Complications of Pregnancy: “Making Connections for Improved Care.” - Presenter: Dr. Franklyn Geary MD, FACOG, OB/GYN Program Director, Morehouse School of Medicine. Recording: https://vimeo.com/642421293
September 14, 2021, Perinatal Mental Health: “The PEACE for Moms Project and Community Partners for Improving Quality and Accessibility of Care.” - Presenter: Toby Goldsmith, MD: Director Emory Women’s Mental Health Program. Recording: https://vimeo.com/630392366/fc34be9c08
If you are interested in joining this or any other DPH ECHO, please visit https://forms.gle/RRGh6AF1zj9D9TMN7.
Georgia Maternal Health ECHO Team
- Arianne Weldon, MPH - Georgia Family Connection Partnership
- Erin Ferranti, PhD - Emory University Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Georgia MMRC Member
- Folashade Omole, MD - Family Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Kimberly Carroll, MD - OB/GYN Morehouse School of Medicine
- Natalie Hernandez, PhD, MPH - Center for Maternal Health Equity, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Asha Immanuelle, RN - Georgia Association of Obstetric, Women’s Health, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- Chad Ray, MD - Augusta University Medical Center, Georgia MMRC Member
- Cheryl Franklin, MD - OB/GYN, Morehouse School of Medicine, Georgia IMPROVE Initiative: “Implementing Maternal Health and Pregnancy Outcomes Vision for Everyone”
- Katie Kopp, MPH - Senior Manager, MMRC Coordinator: Georgia Department of Public Health
- Laura Layne, MSN, MPH, RN - Deputy Chief Nurse, Georgia Department of Public Health
- Sarah Owens, CNM, MPH - Program Consultant, Georgia Department of Public Health
- Sarah Nasatir-Hilty, RN - DNP Candidate ‘21, Emory University Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
DPH Hub ECHO Team
- Suleima Salgado, MBA - Director of Telemedicine & State ECHO Program Manager
- Jackie Woodard - Project ECHO Coordinator and Telemedicine Special Projects Coordinator
To ECHO is to expand your understanding, so if you need more information, please email us at [email protected].
If you would like to present a case in an upcoming session, please complete a case presentation form using the links below:
- General Case Presentation Form
- Hypertensive Disorders Case Presentation Form
- Postpartum Hemorrhage Case Presentation Form
HIPAA Compliance: All patient information will be de-identified for presentation during sessions. To ensure HIPAA compliance during patient presentations, please identify your patient(s) only by their assigned ECHO ID.