Maternal Health ECHO
Georgia Maternal Health ECHO aims to enhance knowledge, interprofessional collaboration, and dissemination of resources to directly address Georgia’s maternal mortality and severe maternal morbidity rate.
Georgia Maternal Health ECHO provides a virtual community learning platform for clinicians and community advocates to collaborate on the implementation of solutions to address maternal mortality and severe morbidity in our state.
ECHO sessions are monthly, and typically, on the third Wednesday, from 12 pm-1 pm (EST).
January 18, 2023: "Redefining Community Access to Perinatal Resources" https://vimeo.com/790571474/a3bd209b75
January 19, 2022: “Building a Cardio-Obstetrics Network: Improving Screening, Referral, and Consultation Resources in Georgia” Presenter: Dr. Lee Padove & Jaimie Chausmer, APRN, Northside Maternal Heart Center https://vimeo.com/669512304/fa580d1361
February 16, 2022: “Prevention of Primary Cesarean Section: Considerations for Labor Induction Management in Women of Size.” https://vimeo.com/683020506/68de3cee67
March 16, 2022: “Substance Use and Reproductive Healthcare: Improving Screening & Referral for Respectful Care” - NOT RECORDED
April 20, 2022: “Mom’s Heart Matters: Creating Community-focused Postpartum Cardiac Care.” Presenter: Heather Daniels, RN, Perinatal Services Director, Liberty Regional Medical Center https://vimeo.com/701800926/5c038ebb54
May 18, 2022: “Addressing connections between PreEclampsia and Future Cardiac Outcomes: Northside Maternal Heart Health Clinic.” Presenter: Bree Becker, MSN, NP-C, Jaimie Chausmer, FNP-C, Northside Maternal Heart Health Clinic https://vimeo.com/713710844/ecf8486390
June 15, 2022: “Georgia’s Maternal Mortality Review Committee: Key Recommendations for Action.” Presenter: Katilyn Kopp, MPH, Georgia Department of Public Health, Women’s Health, Division of Clinical and Medical Services https://vimeo.com/723590419/36d9ad36c9
July 20, 2022: TBD
August 17, 2022: “Maternal Mortality Near Miss Events: Opportunities for Action.” Presenter: Natalie Hernandez, PhD, MPH, Morehouse School of Medicine Center for Maternal Health Equity CANCELLED
September 21, 2022: TBD
October 19, 2022: “Improved Reproductive Life-planning for Patients with Chronic Conditions: Contraceptive Access and US Medical Eligibility Criteria:” Presenter: Melissa Kottke, MD, Associate Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Emory University School of Medicine https://vimeo.com/762081806/a261adcd35
November 16, 2022: “Ten Commandments of Perinatal Mental Health for Clinicians.” Toby Goldsmith, MD, Director, Women's Mental Health Program, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine. https://vimeo.com/778599226/6dc6799ba3
If you are interested in joining this or any other DPH ECHO, please visit https://forms.gle/RRGh6AF1zj9D9TMN7.
Georgia Maternal Health ECHO Team
- Arianne Weldon, MPH - Georgia Family Connection Partnership
- Erin Ferranti, PhD - Emory University Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Georgia MMRC Member
- Folashade Omole, MD - Family Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Kimberly Carroll, MD - OB/GYN Morehouse School of Medicine
- Natalie Hernandez, PhD, MPH - Center for Maternal Health Equity, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Asha Immanuelle, RN - Georgia Association of Obstetric, Women’s Health, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
- Chad Ray, MD - Augusta University Medical Center, Georgia MMRC Member
- Cheryl Franklin, MD - OB/GYN, Morehouse School of Medicine, Georgia IMPROVE Initiative: “Implementing Maternal Health and Pregnancy Outcomes Vision for Everyone”
- Katie Kopp, MPH - Senior Manager, MMRC Coordinator: Georgia Department of Public Health
- Laura Layne, MSN, MPH, RN - Deputy Chief Nurse, Georgia Department of Public Health
- Sarah Owens, CNM, MPH - Program Consultant, Georgia Department of Public Health
- Sarah Nasatir-Hilty, RN - DNP Candidate ‘21, Emory University Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing
To ECHO is to expand your understanding, so if you need more information, please email us at [email protected].
If you would like to present a case in an upcoming session, please complete a case presentation form using the links below:
- General Case Presentation Form
- Hypertensive Disorders Case Presentation Form
- Postpartum Hemorrhage Case Presentation Form
HIPAA Compliance: All patient information will be de-identified for presentation during sessions. To ensure HIPAA compliance during patient presentations, please identify your patient(s) only by their assigned ECHO ID.
2021 Recorded Sessions:
November 10, 2021, Cardiac Complications of the Perinatal Period: “Community Coordination and Models for Optimal Care.” - Presenter: Keisha Callins, MD, MPH: Joy McCann Endowed Professor Ob/Gyn, Community Health Care Systems Clinical Assistant Professor, Mercer University School of Medicine https://vimeo.com/663416971
October 13, 2021, Hypertensive Complications of Pregnancy: “Making Connections for Improved Care.” - Presenter: Dr. Franklyn Geary MD, FACOG, OB/GYN Program Director, Morehouse School of Medicine. Recording: https://vimeo.com/642421293/f886dd2de6
September 14, 2021, Perinatal Mental Health: “The PEACE for Moms Project and Community Partners for Improving Quality and Accessibility of Care.” - Presenter: Toby Goldsmith, MD: Director Emory Women’s Mental Health Program. Recording: https://vimeo.com/630392366/fc34be9c08
Page updated 1/25/23