License Management System
The Georgia Office of EMS and Trauma uses an online platform to process all initial and renewal medic and instructor license applications. Paper applications are NOT accepted. EMS Agencies will use the system to add personnel to their roster, add/change authorized agents or medical directors, submit renewal applications, and much more. Hospitals will use the system to apply for designation as a Trauma, Stroke or Cardiac Center.
To ensure you receive emails from the new License Mangement System, be sure to add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your safe senders and safe recipients list in your email client.
The Georgia EMS License Management System works best with Google Chrome or Firefox.
How to Obtain Your Account Information for Current Licensees (Medics/Instructors)
If you are a medic with an existing license, you already have an account in the system, so please follow these steps to obtain your account information:
- Go to www.mygemsis.org/lms
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on Forgot Username (do NOT Create a New account!)
- You will then enter your Date of Birth, SSN and your last name, then click Lookup
- If your DOB/SSN/Last Name match our license records, you will see that an account has been found, but it doesn't have an email. Please enter your email address. We recommend that you use your personal email address either gmail.com, yahoo.com and hotmail.com since other domains like icloud and work email systems end up blocking emails from LMS.
- NOTE: If you type in your email address incorrectly, you will need to contact the Office of EMS and Trauma at 770-996-3133 to correct your email address. You will be required to provide your name, SSN, DOB and address in order for the staff to correct your email address.
How to Create an Account if You are NOT a Current Licensee
For new personnel (that have never been licensed), follow these steps to create an account:
- Go to www.mygemsis.org/lms
- Click on the Create Account button, and follow the steps to create an account.
- Please pay close attention to the minimum set of information you need to provide if you intend on applying for a license as a medic or instructor in the future, including First Name, Last Name, DOB, SSN, email, address, etc.
- Users should use a personal email address when creating an account. The best domains that are able to receive emails from the system are gmail.com, yahoo.com and hotmail.com. Other domains like icloud and others seem to have some issues allowing emails from the system. Emails from the system come from email@example.com.
Generating New License Cards for Existing Medics/Instructors
Currently licensed medics and instructors who wish to generate a new license card may generate those at any time on LMS with the following steps:
- Go to www.mygemsis.org/lms and login (see instructions above for how to access the system)
- Click on Applications, and then click on either the “Generate Medic License Card and Email” or “Generate Instructor License Card and Email”
- The user will receive an email with the card and the document will be available on the LMS under “My Account”, and then “Documents”
Page last updated 2/13/2020