Office of Nursing
Provides leadership and support for public health nursing practice in Georgia:
- Assure compliance with O. C. G. A. § 43-34-23 which authorizes registered professional nurses in public health to perform certain delegated medical acts under the authority of nurse protocol.
- Provide guidance for public health advanced practice nurses applying for prescriptive authority through the Georgia Composite Medical Board (O. C. G. A. § 43-34-25).
- Establish training standards and requirements for public health nurses to practice in an expanded role.
- Provide educational courses and other training needed for nursing practice in public health.
- Lead the development and ongoing updates and revisions of standard nurse protocols for public health nursing practice in collaboration with DPH programs nurse consultants, medical consultants, pharmacists, public health nurses, public health laboratory staff, and the Chief Medical Officer.
- Establish and maintain standards for quality assurance and quality improvement for public health nursing practice and services
DPH Office of Nursing
2 Peachtree Street, N.W., 9th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303
Email: [email protected]
Page last updated 12/19/2022