EMS Personnel Licensure
All applicants are required to use the Georgia EMS License Management System (LMS) to apply for licensure as an EMS provider. The Georgia Office of EMS and Trauma uses an online platform to process all initial and renewal medic and instructor license applications. Paper applications are NOT accepted. For more information on LMS, including how to create an account or access your existing account, click HERE.
Clickto download a single-page document that explains the process to get an initial medic license in Georgia (detailed steps below).
How to Apply for an EMS Personnel License at the EMT, AEMT or Paramedic Level
Incomplete applications will expire within 45 days of receipt by the Office of EMS and Trauma. Once an application expires, the applicant will be required to submit a new application, a new application fee, and will have to submit a new fingerprint criminal background check.
How to change your Demographics (Name/SSN/DOB/Address/Email/Etc.)
To apply for a new medic or instructor license, submit demographic changes, renew your license, or add CEUs to your profile, follow these steps:
- Go to www.mygemsis.org/lms and login (see instructions on how to access the system HERE)
- Click on Applications (if you are on a small screen like a phone, you will need to click on the menu button with 4 lines at the top left first)
- Under available applications, find the Update Demographics application and click Apply Now.
- Follow the instructions on the application and submit any required documentation.
Georgia does not have a reciprocity process. However, to apply for a Georgia license you are required to have a current NREMT registration and submit an online application with the required documents listed above.
- EMS Personnel certification/licensure rules are located at Georgia Administrative Code R. 511-9-2-.12.
- Links for Medics
- Forms and Related Documents
Page last updated 5/15/2020