Focus Technologies Arbovirus IgG Indirect Immunofluorescent assay (IFA) is intended for the qualitative detection of human IgM antibodies to Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE), St. Louis encephalitis (SLE), Western Equine Encephalitis (WEE), and California Encephalitis (CE) group viruses. A single sample is used to identify sero-conversion in acute and convalescent specimens and as an aid in the diagnosis of current or past infection.
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than five after collection.
Serum separated from the clot can be aliquoted, stored frozen (-20°C or below) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic samples
- Samples containing particulate matter
- Samples exhibiting obvious microbial contamination
- Specimens damaged, broken, or leaking upon arrival
- Received refrigerated more than 5 days after collection
Previous exposure to or infection with dengue or yellow fever vaccination
Specimen drawn within the first 2 weeks after onset of symptoms
Cross reaction with other arboviruses transmitted by mosquito
7-14 business days
43905-9 (Order code: 1595)