This method is a quantitative procedure for the measurement of Ricinine and L-Abrine in urine samples. The method uses Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) sample preparation and isotopically labeled internal standards for each analyte.
Collect ≥5.0 mL of urine. Two empty containers of the same lot number should be submitted with the specimen.
Consultation is required with GPHL Emergency Response Coordinator Req 24/7 contact number: 866-782-4584.
Urine should be stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- L-Abrine 5.0 µg/L – 500 µg/L
- Ricinine 0.3 µg/L –300 µg/L
- Not detected
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Specimen damaged, broken, or leaked in transit
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Low volume (< 1.5 mL)
- Failure to keep specimen frozen
1-3 business days
Turnaround times may be affected by the scale of the event.
54932-9 (Order code: CT031300)