The EEE MIA procedure is a replacement for the EEE MAC-ELISAs test with a single, equally sensitive, faster test. It is an immunological capture assay for the qualitative determination of IgM-class antibodies to the EEE virus.
Microsphere-based immunologic assay (MIA)
- Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge
- Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge
- Cerebral Spinal Fluid (CSF):
- Collect in a sterile container.
- Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than four days after collection.
- Serum separated from the clot can be aliquoted, stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
- Cerebrospinal fluid should be stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Specimens damaged, broken, or leaking upon arrival
- Specimen grossly hemolyzed, lipemic, turbid, or contaminated
5-7 business days, same day
23046-6 (Order code: 16200)