The Abbott Alinity m Real-Time HIV-1 assay is an in vitro reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assay for the quantification of Human Immunodeficiency Virus type 1 (HIV-1) in human plasma from HIV-1 infected individuals.
Reverse Transcription Polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)
Collect specimen in a sterile Pearl Top Plasma Preparation Tube (PPT) provided by the Georgia Public Health Laboratory (GPHL). The minimum volume is 3 mL for HIV Viral Load.Centrifuge.
- Plasma can be maintained at room temperature (15-30°C) during transit for no more than 24 hours after plasma separation.
- Plasma can be maintained at room temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than 72 hours after collection in the primary tube.
- For longer storage, aliquot into a secondary Cryogenic (Pour Off) Tube.
- Plasma can be stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped within 72 hours with dry ice. Do not use frost-free freezers for storing samples. Only frozen specimens will be accepted.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Not detected
- < 20 copies/ml
- 20 copies/ml to 10,000,000 copies/ml
- >10,000,000 copies/ml
- Missing written testing requisition
- Missing minimum of two patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Arriving at room temperature
- Not approved for testing by the indicated method, e.g., blood for VDRL
- Serum instead of plasma
- Whole blood instead of plasma
- Grossly hemolyzed, lipemic, turbid, or contaminated
- Specimen damaged, or leaking, upon arrival
- With an insufficient quantity for testing (QNS)
- Specimen received unspun
3-5 business days
25836-8 (Order code: 1340)