Health Care Professionals - Related Files
Health Care Professionals
Healthcare professionals are an essential and critical component to ensuring safe and quick vaccination during the pandemic. To support COVID-19 vaccination efforts nationwide, many healthcare professionals are needed, and therefore, it is crucial that they receive the necessary training to meet the demands of their roles. Below you will find training and resources to assist healthcare professionals with COVID-19 vaccination questions and concerns.
- COVID-19 Health Care Provider Training and Education/ Resources
- COVID-19 Vaccination for Providers
- COVID-19 What’s New
- V-Safe Fact Sheet
- V-Safe Poster
Healthcare Professionals interested in becoming a volunteer to assist with COVID-19 vaccination efforts, please click HERE.
National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM)
As a reminder, August marks the annual observance of National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM). As healthcare professionals continue to work diligently to protect the spread of COVID-19 through vaccination and testing, they also play a key role daily in protecting their patients from serious vaccine-preventable diseases. It is crucial that you, as a healthcare professional, understand the power you hold as an advocate for the safety of your community. As patients turn to you for guidance, reassurance, and resources, please see below for information that may be helpful in guiding those conversations for patients of all age groups.
- Healthcare Professionals Toolkit/Educational Resources
- Parents and Patients Toolkit/ Educational Resources
- Interactive Vaccine Guide
- NIAM Homepage
- MCV4 Parent Letter ( / )
- / (NEW 2021)
- Vaccines for Children (VFC)
- Georgia Immunization Registry (GRITS)
- Perinatal Hepatitis B
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases
Training/Education (for access to IRC, Train the Trainer and educational training presentations, please email the Immunization Program at DPHemail@example.com)
- Hop to It ( / )- recommended childhood/adolescent vaccines
- Word To The Wise ( / )- recommended adult vaccines
- Provider Resources for Vaccine Conversations With Parents
- Diseases and the Vaccines that Prevent Them
7th Grade Immunization Requirements
- Tdap/MCV4 Parent Teaching Sheet ( / )
- Tdap/MCV4 Parent Flyer ( / )
- Give 'Em Your Best Shot ( / )
Immunization Schedules and Recommendations
- Immunization Schedules for Health Care Providers
- Vaccines for Teens Teaching Sheet ( / )- teaching sheet describing 7 vaccinations especially recommended for adolescents
- Guidelines for Vaccinating Pregnant Women
- Immunization Information For Adults
Forms and Documents
- Refusal to Vaccinate ( / )
- - healthcare providers may use this request form to order: Certificates for School/Child Care Attendance; Parent and Child Education Materials; Immunization Record Forms; and Report and Request Forms.
For information about Vaccine Information Statements, recommendations for their use, questions & answers, or if you wish to download Vaccine Information Statements or need them in languages other than English, see the Immunization Action Coalition website.
- this form can be used in paper charts to document doses of vaccine administered; the client's VFC eligibility for that dose; and information on the VIS. A page is also included which is designed to document adverse reactions.
Vaccine Administration Techniques Review
- - Orientation to immunizations and vaccine-preventable diseases prior to the student beginning clinical experience.
- Immunize Georgia Newsletter- Provides up-to-date information on vaccine-related issues.
- Georgia Composite Medical Board- Interested in becoming a Flu Vaccine provider in Georgia, visit the Georgia Composite Medical Board website for details.
- Common Vaccine Safety Concerns
- Immunization Action Coalition: Answering Immunization Critics- Responding to a number of different concerns parents may have about vaccines.
- The "Pink Book"/(Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases) CDC- Order the book or print materials directly from the website.
- Recommendations of the ACIP- The most current recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and links to related articles in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR).
Page Last Updated 07/27/2021
Health Care Professionals - Related Files