The inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometer method uses an internal standard dilution technique to provide rapid and accurate quantification of Mercury in urine.
Collect 25-60mL of urine. Two empty containers of the same lot number should be submitted with the specimen.
Consultation is required with GPHL Emergency Response Coordinator Req 24/7 contact number: 866-782-4584.
Urine should be stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- 1 µg/L - 100 µg/L
- Not detected
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube)
- Low Volume (<2 mL)
- Wrong specimen
- Specimen damaged, broken, or leaked in transit.
1-3 business days
Turnaround times may be affected by the scale of the event.
19056-1 (Order code: CT021600)