The LIAISON XL® Rubella IgM assay uses chemiluminescent immunoassay (CLIA) technology on the LIAISON XL® Analyzer family for the qualitative determination of IgM antibodies to rubella virus in human serum samples. It is intended for use as an aid in the diagnosis of a current or recent Rubella infection in individuals with signs and symptoms of Rubella, or suspected of having rubella virus infection, including women of childbearing age.
Chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA)
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge.
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge.
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than seven days after collection.
Serum separated from the clot can be aliquoted, stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Specimens damaged, broken, or leaking upon arrival
- Specimen grossly hemolyzed, lipemic, turbid, or contaminated
- Plasma Samples
- Specimens over 7 days old.
Lipemic, Hemolyzed, Icteric, Microbial growth, or contaminated specimens.
5-7 business days
31616-6 (Order code: 15150)