This LRN-C developed method is for the quantitative determination of Tetramine in urine samples using gas chromatography with mass selective detection. The method uses Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) sample preparation and isotopically labeled internal standard for detection and quantification of Tetramine.
Spot Urine should be collected in a clean sterile urine container. The minimum volume for collection is 1.5 mL of urine. Urine should be frozen. Two empty containers of the same lot number should be submitted with the specimen.
Consultation is required with GPHL Emergency Response Coordinator Req 24/7 contact number: 866-782-4584.
If samples are being submitted from a known or suspected intentional chemical release, forensic integrity should be maintained. Two layers of forensic evidence tape should be applied. Initials of the person sealing the containers should appear half on and half off the tape.
Urine should be stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- 5.0 µg/L -500 µg/L
- Not detected
- PGC (Present but greater than highest calibrator)
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- No specimen received
- Empty specimen container
- Specimen leaking, damaged, or broken on arrival.
- Insufficient specimen volume (less than 1.5 mL).
- Suspected contamination
- Clotting of the specimen
- Expired sample collection container
- Failure to maintain temperature
- Frozen or hemolyzed specimens
1-3 business days
Turnaround times may be affected by the scale of the event.
80649-7 (Order code: CT011300)