The DiaSorin LIAISON® XL Zika Capture IgM assay is intended for the presumptive qualitative detection of Zika virus IgM antibodies in human sera collected from individuals meeting CDC Zika virus clinical criteria (e.g., a history of clinical signs and symptoms associated with Zika virus infection) and/or CDC Zika virus epidemiological criteria (e.g., history of residence in or travel to a geographic region with active Zika transmission at the time of travel, or other epidemiological criteria for which Zika virus testing may be indicated).
Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA)
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge.
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge.
Separate serum from the clot as soon as possible. Samples are stable at room temperature (15-30°C) for up to 24 hours.
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than seven days after collection.
Serum separated from the clot can be stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic samples.
- Samples containing particulate matter.
- Samples exhibiting obvious microbial contamination.
- Specimens damaged, broken, or leaking upon arrival.
- Insufficient volume (<175 µL).
7-14 business days
80824-6 (Order code: 16550)