The LIAISON XL® CMV IgG assay uses chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA) technology on the LIAISON XL® Analyzer family* for the qualitative determination of IgG antibodies to human cytomegalovirus (hCMV) in human serum. It is intended to be used as an aid in the determination of serological status to CMV. This assay is not FDA-cleared for use in testing (i.e., screening) blood or plasma donors. The performance characteristics of this assay have not been established for cord blood or specimens from neonates, infants, or pre-transplant patients.
Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA)
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than two days after collection.
Serum separated from the clot should be dispensed in aliquots, stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice. Pack specimens in compliance with government regulations covering the transportation of etiologic agents.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Plasma Specimens
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Low volume
- Specimen damaged, broken, or leaking upon arrival
- Grossly hemolyzed, icteric or lipemic
- Specimen containing microbial contamination
- Received more than 2 Days after collection
Hemolysis, icterus, lipemia, and bacterial contamination
5-7 business days
22244-8 (Order code: 1515)