The Abbott Real–Time HCV assay is an in vitro reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) assay for the quantification of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) in human serum from HCV infected individuals.
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than 72 hours after collection.
Serum separated from the clot can stored frozen (-20°C or colder) for up to 60 days or -70°C or colder after 60 days and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- HCV RNA copies/ml
- Not detected
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Not approved for testing by the indicated method, e.g., blood for VDRL.
- Grossly hemolyzed, lipemic, turbid, or contaminated
- Specimens broken, damaged, or leaking upon arrival
- Specimen received unspun
- Specimens not frozen within 72 hours
- Specimens not collected in SST tubes for viral load testing
Lipemic, Hemolyzed, Icteric, Microbial growth, or contaminated specimens
50023-1 (Order code: 1490)