The LIAISON XL® HSV 1 Type Specific assay uses chemiluminescent immunoassay (CLIA) technology on the LIAISON XL® Analyzer for the qualitative determination of IgG antibodies to human herpes simplex Type 1 (HSV) in human serum.
Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA)
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than seven days after collection. Serum separated from the clot can be aliquoted, stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice. Pack specimens in compliance with government regulations covering the transportation of etiologic agents.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Low volume
- Specimen damaged, broken, or leaking upon arrival
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic samples
- Samples containing particulate matter or exhibiting obvious microbial contamination
- Plasma Samples
- Refrigerated specimens received over 7 days old
Hemolysis, icterus, lipemia, turbidity, microbial contamination, particulate matter or erythrocyte debris
5-7 business days
17850-9 (Order code: 15600)