The Georgia asthma surveillance system uses population-based data sources to monitor trends of asthma and to describe the physical and economic burden of asthma on Georgia's population.
- Please refer to the Georgia Asthma Control Program for additional information.
- To collect information on prevalence, hospitalization, mortality, and risk for asthma in Georgia.
- To produce reports describing the burden of asthma for the public and health care professionals.
- To provide information to develop asthma management programs and evaluate the effectiveness of the programs.
- To improve the quality of life of Georgians with asthma and reduce the burden of asthma in Georgia.
Page last update 10/23/2017