The Treponema Assay uses Chemiluminescent Immunoassay (CLIA) technology for the qualitative determination of total antibodies directed against Treponema pallidum in human serum.
- Immunology GPHL
- Serology WPHL
Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA)
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge.
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge.
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than seven days after collection.
Serum separated from the clot should be dispensed in aliquots, stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Plasma Specimens
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Specimen damaged, broken, or leaking upon arrival
- Specimen grossly hemolyzed or lipemic
- Samples containing particulate matter or microbial contamination
- Received more than 7 Days after collection
5-7 business days
24110-9 (Order code: 16150 Decatur, W16150 Waycross)