RPR (Rapid Plasma Reagin) Card Test for Syphilis is a qualitative and semiquantitative Nontreponemal Flocculation Test for the detection of Reagin antibodies in human serum as a screening test for serological evidence of syphilis. RPR can be used to screen for syphilis as well as monitor treatment.
- Immunology GPHL
- Serology WPHL
RPR (Rapid Plasma Reagin) Card Test: Flocculation
Collect in gold top SST tube, centrifuge.
Collect in tiger top SST tube, centrifuge.
Serum separated from the clot can be maintained at refrigerated temperature (2-8°C) during transit for no more than five days after collection.
Serum separated from the clot can be stored frozen (-20°C or colder) and shipped with dry ice.
Acceptable Specimen Type(s)
- GPHL Apollo Web Portal
- For manual orders, download the
- Titer: Endpoint (highest dilution giving a reactive result)
- Plasma Specimens
- Missing testing requisition
- Missing minimum of 2 patient identifiers
- Improper labeling
- Improper storage/transport of specimen
- No specimen received (empty collection tube).
- Wrong specimen type
- Specimens damaged, broken, or leaking upon arrival
- Grossly hemolyzed or lipemic
- Specimen broken or leaked in transit
- Received more than 5 Days post collection
Hemolysis, lipemia, and bacterial contamination
3-5 business days
20507-0 (Order code: 16101Decatur, W20300 Waycross)